As the Wind Blows

So, today was a hectic day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining. In fact, I love being busy. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something with my life, making it more interesting. I hate having nothing to do, it makes me feel bored. And like a loser. And anti social and introverted. Therefore, I prefer to always be busy, in hopes of seeing myself as a better person.
Anyway, back to today. I had two workshops today, 3 hours each, with an hour break in between. The first was for acting, and the other modeling. Remember, I'm not complaining. These are for two things that I really enjoy doing.

 However, I've notice that these are two completely different industries. And gne coaches leading my workshops expect completely different atitudes for each. Acting expects you to have an amazing personality, one that appeals to hiring agents and can get you booked just for being funny, polite, or an exquisite conversationalist. 

Modeling, on the other hand, requires arrogance. You cannot be to eager to book jobs, or else you seem desperate. You cannot be nice, for it is a sign of weakness. You must show up to castings with full on confidence, strutting the runway with an air of arrogance and entitlement. You must make designers want you. 

I do love this challenge. 
These photos are just a recap of my summer.

Thanks for reading, Mariya 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mariya Kulyk

Mariya Kulyk
It's me! Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it :)

Popular Posts