Hello World!

As a newbie in the blogging community, I feel a formal introduction is needed, which means I get a whole post to rant on and on about myself *thumbs up*
So let's start simple: Oh look its me!

First things first.
My name is Mariya Kulyk, but you can me whatever you wish, as long as its not Masha (that's a story for another time..)
I am currently 15 years old and my birthday is in November. Can you guess the day? Comment at the bottom, I'm curious to see how long it'll take haha :P
Being a Novemberling puts me in the zodiac sign of the Scorpio. 
Although in my opinion horoscopes are complete nonsense, I've found that characteristics associated with each sign are almost always true.
I've even proven this using my observations of the behaviors of my friends, parents, and others and I have to say it was creepy how accurate they were!
Anyway, being a Scorpio makes me mysterious & secretive, but I guess having a blog and revealing myself to everyone on the internet disproves it… However me looking the act in this photo should definitely solve this problem haha
Actually, I have absolutely no idea how to describe myself. So I'll let my pictures do it for me. 
I set a timer on my camera and told myself to let go and take 6 pictures one after the other posing in any way that comes to mind. And this is what happened:
Yes, this first one was awkward. I was unsure of what to do, and I opened my mouth in an attempt to smile. That's what I tend to do when I'm feeling shaky… I smile. 
Oh yea.. and I have braces, like nearly every teenager. 
Except most of the people I know got them off last year, just at the time when my whole life became a lie when I was told by my dentist, "You have 2 small gaps at the back of your mouth… You should probably spend thousands of dollars to fix that and spend 1 ½ years suffering and feeling insecure about yourself." I swear that's what I heard. 
At the next one I loosened up. Although it came out blurry, I like the photo—the light of my desk lamp illuminates the photo like a candle does to a dark room.
This one was my favorite. Yes, its blurry but its the lack of detail that entices me. 
And then came this. Yeah, screw looking pretty and presentable and trying to make a good first impression on the whole world. This is who I am and if anyone doesn't like it, please leave :D
By the way, I have an extremely photogenic cat name Olive. Like, why can't my photos turn out this great?!
Just because I continued fooling around with the camera and went all black and white. 

I live in New York City and attend Stuyvesant High School. 
I created a blog because I want to finally commit to something, an enjoyable responsibility. 
I play volleyball, I dance, I paint & draw, photography, and eating at cute cafés. 
I also have a food blog! Owls N Baking

Hope I haven't bored you to death!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mariya Kulyk

Mariya Kulyk
It's me! Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it :)

Popular Posts